Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vacation!!!







We have got to be one of the most last minute vacation planners anywhere. Next week at this time, Lord willing, we will be on an airplane headed to Portland, Oregon. I am so excited! For years Carl has wanted to go to the Redwood Forest National Park in California and then drive along the west coast up through Oregon and into Washington. The only problem with this plan is my husband wanted to drive the entire trip. I love to travel, don't get me wrong, but that is even to much driving for me. With the gas prices what they have been in the last few years it would be much more economical to fly and rent a car to drive up and down the coast. We would have to drive for 3 0r 4 very long days across the country and then would not have to much time left to drive along the coast. The main problem was Carl, my very brave husband, who is not usually afraid of much, is terribly afraid of heights, so therefore, airplanes were not an option. Well, he has finally consented in allowing us to fly together for the first time. We normally do not plan such an expensive vacation, but this year in October we will have been married for 25 very interesting years so we both feel we deserve it for putting up with each other for that long. Just kidding, this will be our anniversary trip only early. We are hoping to beat some of the crowds before the official vacation season begins. I hope to blog about our trip as we go. One good thing about a spontaneous trip is that you don't have to wait very long before it gets here. Yikes, why am I sitting here typing when I have got plenty of things I need to do.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog! And the trip sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete