Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Benjamin Cooley

Once again God shows us his love by adding a wonderful Son-in-law to our family! We are so excited that God has sent a wonderful man to our daughter. God is so good to us to allow Ben Cooley to join our family. When Carrie was 13 or 14 we went to visit this young man's church and continued to visit there about 3 months. I was very impressed with Ben and his testimony he had for the Lord. This was the same year Ben graduated and I remember thinking that he would make a great husband for Carrie someday. I never said anything to anyone, except Carl, I figured he would be snatched up way before we thought Carrie would be ready for marriage. Anyway we started attending another church that occasionally has fellowship with Ben's church, so we did see him from time to time, and as Carrie got older I trully wanted them to get together, but still I said nothing to her or anyone else. The Lord is a much as better match maker than we can ever be. He brought these two together without any help from me. I am amazed sometimes how God seems to work things together. He is awesome! Thank you Lord for blessing our family with a godly young preacher for our daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment