Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained?

This blog is just that, a venture. Reading other blogs has been a hobby of mine for about a year now, I have enjoyed and been motivated to venture out and try new recipes, take on household projects, learn how to preserve food, and much more. But more importantly than any of that, I have truly been blessed and encouraged by reading what the Lord has done and is doing in other Christians lives. There are about 10 blogs that I follow regularly, and they never fail to help get me inspired to be more for the Lord, my family, and my church. When I read about someone baking a special dessert for their family, I want to go in the kitchen and do the same. When I scan pictures of home projects, I look around and see what I can do to make my home a more comfortable one for my family. When I see someone doing something for someone else, I look around and see if there is someone I can be a blessing to. When viewing a post about someone that is sick, it reminds me that I need to be on my knees more. Starting this blog I hope to record for myself the things that I do, recipes that I try, lessons that I learn, so I will have an online account of my ventures and Lord willing there will be something gained in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment